Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Encounter

We had a very relaxing day. It began with an early morning rain shower which gave way to a lazy afternoon. Our most pressing concern was dinner.  We had made reservations for a recommended favorite restaurant on the island, but Chef Remy had such a profound affect on us the night before that we canceled our itinerary and by 5:30 found ourselves in South Coast Bar and Grill. We wanted to see if Chef could surprise us again, and we dared him to bring it on!!

I was a little surprised at the building:  small with very few parking spots. I was even more perplexed walking through the front door. South Coast looked more like a local hang-out than the white cloth quiet place I expected. Not that I was expecting the Ritz but, as evidenced Wednesday night, Chef Remy can cook with the best. In Houston, he could own one of those small home/restaurants in the Heights with 20 flickering tables in white and 40 foreign-accented waiters in black...and ludicrous prices!!

We found our way to an outside table on one of two baconies overlooking a breathtaking view: a dimming orange sunset with aqua blue-splashing waves leaving white mist on the coral below. It was then we realized we had a shot at one heck of a meal!

Thursday night is Lobster Night at South Coast...really, need I say more?  Sista and I got the pre-fixed while the boys went their own direction, pork...pasta...and lots of moaning. It took us all the way to 7th heaven.  Lest I drone on with a thousand words more, please allow my pictures to tell you the rest of my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment