Monday, August 20, 2012

Scrambled Egg and Little Smokie Biscuit Baskets

This morning I got up and made these little cuties. This used to be one of my favorites when I was in the "preschool" phase of life. I use Grand Biscuits, roll them out flat and put them in a lined muffin tin. I use the last 2 biscuits to make all the handles by rolling the dough out flat, cut it into strips and then braid them together. They don't usually even need "glue" to hold them in place because I use the filling for support. I do put a piece of balled foil in the center of each basket before baking so that the handles don't fall over during the baking time. I remove the foil after the biscuits have cooled a bit and usually have to straighten the handle. (If it breaks off, no worries! Just fill the basket and place the handle back on!)
Almost anything can go inside the basket: red beans and rice, soups, stews or this little concoction of scrambled eggs and little smokies. Use your imagination because kids of all ages love biscuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment